Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday Morning XXII

It's Sunday and time to share something about God. A mini sermon, if you will. Some deep thought. A guiding principle that will help all and Bless the lives of those i touch.

But no deep thoughts enter my mind. Not even one.

If I sit here long enough though, some penetrating enlightenment will cross my consciousness, right? Sun shines through the window and saturates the golden color of the upholstered chair which comforts me with its brilliance. As I twiddle my thumbs, trying to think of something meaningful to share, unfocused ideas saunter around my imagination.

OK. Let's concentrate. Really concentrate. Bring these rambling notions to one focused point. Spiritual books, read over the years, say focus on breathing. Note the incoming breath. The outgoing breath.

B-O-R-I-N-G !!!

Let's spice it up a bit, shall we? So, I memorize the lambent gold color of the sunlit chair. Close my eyes. And actually see the gold breath fill me with gold. Feel my head, throat, spine, belly button and um . . . my heart . . . fill with the magical color.

Marvelous exercise.

Yet, I am no closer to a focused Sunday morning column than I was before!

Magically, my son and granddaughter arrive and fill the living room with the sparkle of their wonderful personalitites. "Want to go down to Pendl's for a cup of coffee?"

"Sure." Whew ! What a relief. I can dodge the responsibility of serious thought and enjoy the moment.

I love going to Pendl's bakery. Why? Every time I've been there, the color sunshine and the feeling joyful fill my being. Folks come in and out. We share energy and conversation. Splendid golden energy. Besides that, Pendl's brews up a tasty cuppa coffee and the aroma of their pastries is to die for.

Awesome.

Home. And I begin to wonder . . . Did concentrating on breathing golden breaths bring this treasured golden moment?

Mmmm . . . . You'll have to remind me to sit in that sunlit chair more often.
Chae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home