Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday Morning XXI

If I were a flower in God's garden, what flower would I be?

Would I be a Crocus? Surely this wee flower is heaven's gift to mankind. For it is the first harbinger of Spring. If we've been depressed by a long winter, the Crocus brings us Joy. Certainly, giving joy to others is a most treasured state of Being.

But what about the Christmas rose, the Christmas cactus and the Pointsetta? In winter, when even the trees have given up their leaves in despair, these flowers bloom giving us Hope. Announcing for all the world to see, that despair is a temporary emotion. Truly, spring will follow each long winter's night.

And what about the profusion of flowers in summer? Each adds its own beauty to long summer days. Surely Beauty is important. It delights the soul with visual Harmony, remembered fragrances and a sense of well being.

Would I be a hothouse flower like the Orchid which allows us to see exquisite Perfection, if only briefly? Or would I be a wildflower? Growing wild and free as hardy and Enduring as the earth itself?

What flower would I be?

I pondered this question ever so long for I love each bloom, each floret, each blossoming quality. Joy. Hope. Beauty. Harmony. Perfection. Endurance. Freedom of Spirit. A Sense of Well Being.

What an impossible dilema. Choosing which flower to be.

Twas then, an awesome light shone on me and quickly an efflorescent decision was made.

You know, I believe I'll be them all, for each flower is, indeed, an aspect of me!
Chae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home