Monday, January 16, 2006

Apology

There was a helluva big fight last night.

Someone threw a punch in space
And I let it land upon my face.

Another punch the air did spear
I let it land upon my ear.

The wind did whistle as the next fist closed
This swipe landed upon my nose.

An undercut chopped the breeze too high
Managed to blacken my left eye.

Another jab went slightly south
Still the thrust did find my mouth.

I didn't sleep a wink last night
I was too busy overseeing the fight.

As my arm delivered a roundhouse blow
Myself dived in front of it refusing to forego

The pain felt as I beat myself up.

It all stemmed from words I never intended to say
I should have been smart enough to hold them at bay.

But no. On the spur of the moment without a thought
Not of the pain nor distress unintentional words can wrought

I mimicked a habit of someone I love
Must-a thought he'd been kicked by a portsider glove.

I shouldn't have said that, I take it back
He didn't deserve such negative flack.

My only excuse is that I'm still learning
To keep the chickens on the roost without feathers churning

And the tongue's door shut before heartburning
And with that said, I am now adjourning.
Chae



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home