Sunday, April 17, 2005

Sunday Morning IX

There are maps to guide us to many places, but where is the map to the Kingdom of God?

Yes, I know . . . the Kingdom of God is within, and I do believe that. Still, I think I need a map.

When I am sad or depressed, I know my feet have chosen a wrong path, for Our Father God is a happy God giving us all joyous gifts. I need a map to this attitude of joyousness.

When I am angry, I know my disconnected heart has allowed my mind to travel a route leading not to the place I want to go. I need a map guiding my mind to the heart path of peace.

When I feel needy and neglected, I know my memory is faulty. It does not see the many treasures God has gifted me with over the years. I need a map which highlights those special moments of love, so I may more easily recall the bountiful nature of my Father, my God.

Yesterday, when I could not find the road I was seeking, a lady gave me a map of Post Falls. She was a happy spirit trying to help us reach the address we requested.

The street we looked for, Monument Drive, is new and not yet recorded on the map.

So, like a Lewis and Clark expedition, my son and I traveled through uncharted territories. We expected to find a physical location.

Yet, perhaps, our real destination was one of harmony, communion, kindness, understanding and love.

Did we pinpoint the exact coordinates of the address? Locate the latitude and longitude? Did we, just for the space of an instant, find Monument Drive?

I would like to say we did.

Yet, I can't tell for sure. You see, our destination is not yet recorded on any paper map.
Chae

1 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Very Important Fish said...

That was a cool post!!! I really liked it!
Over
Reed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home