Friday, February 18, 2005

Brief Update

Yesterday's jaunt netted me two books I'd like to recommend.

First, I ought-a mention that I've never had a Reverse Dictionary before. It's hard enough to go forward through a regular dictionary without having to switch directions.

However, if you've never played around with a Reverse Dictionary, you've missed some wonderfully illustrated visuals of commonplace items which enables a humorist's imagination easy access to all kinds of ideas!

Another book which impressed me is: "The Associated Press Stylebook." It touts itself as being the industry's best-selling reference for 27 years, essential for journalists, editors and writers in all professions. Having thumbed through it a wee bit, I'd have to agree that it will make a valuable addition to my library.
Cheers
Chae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home