Friday, March 31, 2006

Bird-Dog Docket

I can see flying in the face of danger but for a chicken to fly in the face of a dog is pure and unutterable foolishness. That bird definately has a death wish.

The advisability of the chicken's strategic flying maneuver's would depend, I suppose, on the size of the dog. Obviously, we don't need to alert OSHA if the canine critter involved is a Chihuahua.

But the chicken is ill advised to attempt this maneuver if the dog is a St. Bernard. I mean, all the Bernard has to do is yawn and he's captured tonight's supper.

And this poor dog, perfectly innocent, is hauled up in front of the judge for a crime he didn't intend to commit.

Judge: "There's been foul play here. What do you have to say for yourself?"

St. B: "Innocent, Your Honor."

Judge: "But you murdered a bird."

St. B: "I beg to differ with you Sir. The bird flew into my open mouth. There was nothing I could do about it."

Judge: "The fact remains. You bumped-off a chickabiddy."

St. B: "No sir. Actually it was suicide. The rooster thought I was a hatchetman."

Judge: "The rooster, Mr. Bernard?"

St. B: "Well, it may have been a nestling. Or for that matter a peafowl as I noticed a funny taste in my mouth after I swallowed. Either way, it was death by one's own wing."

Judge: "Had a case once of a high-speed collision between a bird and a car. The jury finally brought in a verdict of autocide."

St. B: "Exactly my point, Your Honor."

As the gavel slammed down, the judge said: "Case of the Doggoner Swallow closed."

Whew! The St. Bernard lucked out. But I would advise all you big dogs out there to keep your traps closed when chickens are flying in the face of danger.
Bird-Dog Docket © 2006 Chaeli Lee Sullivan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home