Monday, July 10, 2006

Symbiosis

The age of my Mother has passed.

Thank goodness I was able to totally embrace her and love her before she began her next journey, for after her passing there would be no further chance to resolve my inner issues with motherhood and the daughterhood relationship.

How do I view all women older than myself?

I view them as gentle, sweet replicas of my Mother. They have an inner purity, are of inestimable value, have a sense of humor and a sense of fun, and they enjoy delight in all modern inventions, especially refrigerators with ice-makers on the outside of the door.

If re-incarnation were a factor, I would expect to find my Mom on an Apollo space shuttle ready for the next exploratory adventure. Or perhaps I'd find her on the other side of a ping-pong table as she laughingly scored every winning point. She would be telling some humorous story and I, doubled over in laughter, would miss the ball.

Did we always see world occurrences from the same perspective? Absolutely not. She was a Republican. And I? Was a Democrat.

Were we always in perfect harmony? Perfect sinc? No. Ahem. We were not.

Was there a Super-Glue so strong that it bonded our heartstrings across the endless miles of emotions? Yes.

Knowing me more perfectly than I knew myself, she used her innate ability to enable me to see the magic of the universe. With a gentle hug, she comforted me and enabled me to see peace, when I, who oh so seriously, took upon myself the heavy burden of fixing a society gone awry; a society which burgeoned its members with wars, indiscriminately killing compassion, generosity and love.

How often did I hear her say: "Don't fret so, Chicken Little. The world is just as it should be. Laugh at its absurdities."

Often, I heard her voice trilling in song so harmoniously beautiful that it could charm the most melodious songbird into a duet. She could make every flower in the garden bloom.

Would I like to be "just like my Mom"?

You betcha. She was the grandest dame in life's chorus line and that ain't no mean feat.
Symbiosis © 2006 Chaeli Lee Sullivan

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Very Important Fish said...

Nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home